Welcome to Covington County Schools Child Nutrition Program!
NEW! Pay for Student Meals Online
Covington County Schools is excited to offer MySchoolBucks®! This online payment service provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card. You can also view recent purchases, check balances, and set-up low balance alerts for FREE!
- Convenience - Available 24/7 on the web or with the Mobile App for your iPhone, Android or Windows phone!
- Efficiency - Make payments for all your students, even if they attend different schools within the district.
- Eliminate the need for your students to take money to school.
- Control - Set low balance alerts, view account activity, recurring/automatic payments & more!
- Flexibility - Make payments using credit/debit cards and electronic checks.
- Security – MySchoolBucks adheres to the highest security standards, including PCI and CISP.
Enrollment is easy!
- Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for a free account. (click on the link)
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link to activate your account.
- Add your students using their school name and student ID (You may call your local school for the student ID number).
- Make a payment to your students’ accounts with your credit/debit card or electronic check.
A program fee may apply. You will have the opportunity to review any fees and cancel if you choose, before you are charged.
- If you have any questions, contact MySchoolBucks directly:
- Visit myschoolbucks.com and click on Help/FAQ’s
PLEASE GO TO OUR CHILD NUTRITION "NEWS" SECTION TO VIEW MEAL PRICES AND OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION! (Click Tab at the top of this page.)
YOU MAY ALSO GO TO THE "DOWNLOAD" SECTION TO SEE MONTHLY MENUS, FREE/REDUCED LUNCH INFORMATION AND NEWLETTERS!
If you have any questions about our policies (Wellness, Worthless Check, Meal Charge), please contact the Covington County Child Nutrition offices at 334-427-3830 or 334-427-3832.
1. What are the meal prices?
Students Breakfast Full Price $1.25, Reduced Price $.30
Students Lunch Full Price $2.50, Reduced Price $.40
Adults (Staff & Visitors) Breakfast $2.50
Adults (Staff) Lunch $3.50
Adults (Visitor) Lunch $3.75
Extra Milk $.35 each
2. Can I receive a reimbursement of the money on my child's account?
Reimbursement of money on accounts will be honored only when students are leaving the Covington County School System, by withdrawing or graduating or if you have paid ahead and your child is approved for free lunches after the payment was posted. The cafeteria manager cannot make cash refunds. Refunds are made by check and processed at the Board of Education office. When your child transfers to another Covington County School, the money on his/her account will be transferred to the cafeteria at that school.
3. Who do I contact to obtain an application for free or reduced meals?
You can contact your school office personnel to have an application sent home with your child or an application can be picked up at any time in the school office, or please visit www.myschoolapps.com to complete an online application.
4. Why should I complete the Application for Free and Reduced Priced Meals?
The form allows students from eligible households to receive free or reduced-priced meals. In addition, the forms are the basis for claiming and distributing important funding from the state and federal governments for your child's school.
5. Who can get Free or Reduced Price meals?
Children in households receiving Food Stamps can get free meals regardless of household income. If your household income is within the limits on the Federal Income Chart, your children can receive free or reduced-price meals. A foster child or child living in a group home may also be eligible for free or reduced-price meals.
6. How do I apply for my child?
Complete the Family Meal Application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals. You only need to complete one application per household. Incomplete applications cannot be processed and will be returned to you.
7. Where do I send my completed application?
You may return completed applications to your child's school or mail to Covington County Schools, Child Nutrition Services,807 C.C. Baker Avenue, Andalusia, AL, 36420. Meal applications will be processed by the Child Nutrition Services Office within 10 days of receipt. You will be notified by letter when your child's application has been processed.
8. Will the information on the Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application be checked?
Yes, you may be asked to send written proof of the information you give.
9. If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?
Yes, you may apply for free or reduced price meals anytime during the school year. If you are not eligible now but have a change, like a decrease in household income, an increase in household size, become unemployed or get food stamps, complete an application at that time.
10. If my income increases should I complete a new application?
Yes, if you have an increase in income a new application should be completed?